Last week in Dacula & Grayson
Hello Everyone!
It has been a great week, and there is a lot for me to go over, but I'll never be able to cover it all. First things first, we got our transfer news and I'll be leaving Dacula and Grayson. I'll be headed over to Monroe, and I'm very excited. There is a family there that I already know and I'm looking forward to see them again.
Next things next, Serena (our 12 year friend) got baptized! It was a great service with wonderful support from the Ward. We did have a heart attack before it started, and that wasn't fun. 15 minutes before the Baptismal service was suppose to start, we realized that no one was there. After panicking and waiting eventually everyone showed up and we had a great service.
When she was brought out of the water she had the biggest smile on her face and was laughing. It was a wonderful time to spend with them and to see their family grow closer together.
We taught Dean how to read the Book of Mormon! (I mean He can't read everything, we are not that good of teachers) we would go around reading verses in the Book of Mormon and when every a word that he is able to read, he reads it. He can now read, "And it came to pass that the," and a week ago he couldn't read that much. Marsha was happy to hear her dad read for the first time. She started to record it and show it to the rest of her family. Through this I have seen how right Nephi is, when God gives a commandment, God provides a way for us to keep His Commandment. We are commanded to read the scriptures, and even though Dean could not read before, he is now! God provides a way! I love Dean and Marsha so much, and I'm going to miss them.
We were able to meet with Ray and Donnetta this week, and we are so grateful for the prayers because Ray is out of the Hospital and cam to church. He still has health problems so keep praying for him. Seeing them at church was amazing and what was even more amazing, was how the members were showing so much love towards them. I feel comforted that as I leave they will still have a ward family to look after them. We were able to ordain Ray as a priest on Sunday and they were able to get their temple recommends. They are going to love the road that is ahead of them.
Ruby=(another recent convert friend)
I was able to have one more lesson with Ruby, and I loved it. I felt that I was teaching better the commandments of God and how much of a Blessing they are. While we were teaching we got bashed. It wasn't by Ruby, but it was someone unexpected.
George-the maintenance guy! He walked over while we were having the lesson asked what we were doing. So being the Missionaries we are, we invited him to come and join the lesson. As we taught he would take over the conversation and talk about his knowledge of the Bible. He did have some truth, but most of what he said made no sense. Thankfully he would get a call and he would have to go back to work. Only to return soon and leave again. This allowed us to teach our whole lesson to Ruby. She liked hearing George's point of view and thanked him for sharing. She wasn't affected at all by George and for that I am grateful towards God!
Well I guess this one was shorter than I thought, that or not much did happen this week. I'll go with the first option.
The time that I have spent in this area has definitely been difficult, but I feel that I have grown a whole lot. I truly feel how important this work is, and how I need to strive to be better. I love this work, and I have seen it change the lives of all those that have been involved. One of the things I have learned is how important relationships are. Relationships with our brothers and sisters, relationships with our friends. And most importantly a relationship with our Heavenly Father, and Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. These relationships change lives and gives us strength to bless others lives. Do all that you can to build and cherish relationships for they are ordained of God. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
Serena's baptism
Cleaning the font for Serena
Dinner at a members house with the sisters
A Christmas eve photo that I didn't share before
Ruby
Zone P-day







Comments
Post a Comment