A Journey of Joy January 30 , 2023

 Blessed be the name of the most high God! 


This week was absolutely amazing! Lots of things to write about but never enough time. I have already spent too much time on this introduction. Lets begin! 

I'm not going in order this week, in fact I will be very much out over order. I'll start by talking about the Comers. (Ray&Donnetta) 
We met with them quite a few times to finish the lessons they needed for baptism, and because we love them so much we would simply read out of the Book of Mormon with them. I have loved getting to know them, and being with them for their journey that has lead to more joy in their lives. It was amazing, every part of it. 
We also were able to celebrate Elder Wallgren's birthday with them. (Pictures are below)  
Eventually the day of their Baptism came, and it was perfect! We had many members there to greet and welcome them. Every members that had come to the lesson before were there and so many more. I could see them being welcomed into the fold of Christ. The spirit was so strong, everyone there could feel it. In the first talk Donnetta was already crying, every moment filled my soul. The Baptism it self was one of the most spiritual rewarding moments of my life. At the end when everyone is giving each other hugs, Ray hugs us missionary and with tears streaming down his checks he thanked us for being instrumental in this moment of their lives. His words and touch my heart, and my soul was filled with gratitude towards God. 
The next day they were so excited that they showed up and hour early to church, and gave out thank you bags to the members. Being apart of that Circle that confirmed them members of the church allowed me to feel the power that comes through the Priesthood and being able to do it with my Brothers in the Priesthood. 
Sadly Ray and Donnetta had to leave after Sacrament meeting and take Ray to the ER, so please keep them in your prayers. They mean the world to me and I can't bear anything to happen to them.  

We also had a great time with Dean and Marsha. They both are feeling a lot better now, and something that is amazing is that Marsha has been reading in the Book of Mormon everyday for the past week. I have seen The Book of Mormon change her. She has become happier by reading it, and she is starting to understand the Scriptures more. While we were having a lesson with them, Marsha bore her Testimony on how she knows the Book of Mormon is true and loves it. She didn't even know that she did it until I pointed it out to her. Her Testimony that was filled with the spirit. Before that lesson she would also say how she like the Book of Mormon but now she knows it's true. Thank you for all of your prayers, for God is answering them. Their Journey is bringing them more Joy on the Covenant path. 

We had one day where we spent most of it with our district, and that was a blast. After district council all of the Elders went to do a service project for our friend. We helped him for a couple of hours cleaning up piles of wood. Then we all met up with the Sisters to find some people in the same area. We found some people to teach and hopefully you'll hear more about them in the Future. Our District leader did the Baptismal interview for our 12 year old friend, and she passed! She will be baptized on the 11th of February and the ward is so excited.  

These and so many more blessing happened this week, but I can't tell you all about them. However each of you can experience the same joy that I have as you open the Book of Mormon and apply it's teachings into your life. I have seen The Book of Mormon change my life and the lives of my friends for the better. I know that it will change yours and those your share it with. Don't wait to receive blessings from God, choose this day to begin your Journey of Joy. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen. 












Comments