Return of the Missionary July 11, 2022
Hello Everyone!
Now before I talk about the craziness of this week, I want to know. With the title witch one were you thinking about
Or
I want to know which one first popped into your head.
Also just throw it out there that yesterday was six months from when I was set apart to do this great work and feel these blessings.
So I was out and about this week, and not inside the entire time. Had a lot of great experiences, but this week was still hard. Every week as a missionary is hard, but is full of blessings. Even if you can't see them they are always there. I recommend that every one should serve a mission because of what it does for others and who you start to become. And this week some of the blessings were more noticeable.
I suppose that I should start with the day that was most likely my favorite day on the mission. It was a long one, but let's get started.
Thursday we had district council, and I'm glad I was able to make it to this one. It was amazing! We had the ZL's (Zone Leaders) join us and lead a training. Filled with role plays about how to improve as missionaries. We also had a member from our ward join us as well. Where he talked about the importance about member work as a missionary giving a powerful testimony along with missionary experience he had on his mission in England.
We went to go to lunch as a group and then afterwards we went on Exchanges with the ZL's. We sent our goals for the exchange and I said that I wanted to talk to everyone and try my best to have everyone learn our message. I went with Elder Horne to his area and he had the same goal, and so we went with the determination to talk to everyone! When I mean everyone I truly mean everyone. We would knock on a door, but still the same time we would hear someone at their car. No one came to the door so we quickly headed over to the person by the car. They didn't want to talk, but we pressed on. Talking to people on there door and where everyone we could find them. We would be about to leave a neighborhood because no one wanted to talk to us, but as we were leaving we see someone across the way, so we headed over to talk to her, and she wanted to learn more. We sat down in our car and said a prayer of gratitude. When someone pulled up right next to us. Not stopping at all, I rolled down my window waved to her and we were just talking to her from the car and she said that we could come back another time and teach her family. We had to say another prayer of gratitude.
The fun doesn't stop there. We headed to a new apartment complex, and talking to everyone. We were walking by a door that was slightly open. We looked inside to see if we could knock when someone told us to come in. They knew we had a message and wanted to hear, before we said anything. We go in and there are three guys there that listened to our message. We gave them copies of the Book of Mormon and found a time to come back. We were walking by after that and found more people because we were talking to everyone, and one guy was very interested in what we had to say that we asked if he wanted to work towards being Baptized by the end of the month. And he said yes! And many more things happened on that day, by the time it was night and time to head back to our apartments we had found 14 new people to teach!
Something that was really special to me was that for my personal study that morning. I studied Alma 26, and I felt that is how my day went. If that chapter is unfamiliar to I you I suggest that you should read it. And if you know it read it again and learn something new. Something I did love from that is when Ammon testifies of boasting in the strength of and wisdom of God, and I echo his words.
11 But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.
When that day was over I was a little sad because I wouldn't be able to teach those new people we found because I was going back to my area. But I had found out that they had found 9 people to teach in our area. I'm so happy and exciting to teach them. It has been hard to meet up with them again but we still trying and not giving up on them. In all by the end of the week we had found 14 new people to teach in my area. Once again it has been hard meeting up with them again. But we are still going for it.
So now for the part of the week that was hard besides meeting with our friends again. Even though I am feeling better I still didn't have all my strength back, and that was difficult because I felt that I could be doing more. There were a couple times where I was trying to talk but I would lose my voice in the moment. I couldn't talk with the strength and love that I have for the Gospel. I was nervous I just couldn't physically get the words out without it being scratchy and quiet. They were small moment that held me back but I keep trying and moving forward and it wasn't perfect. But I did what I could and would learn and try to do better next time. I have had to constantly rely on the strength and love of God on my mission. And because of that I have a closer relationship with Him and I know more about my Savior and have a closer relationship with Him as well. I feel love and gratitude, but I also feel that not so fun moments. Those bad moments can make the better moments the best moments if we allow them to.
I know that I have a lot to learn, a lot to over come. And a lot more to give. I have faith that I can because I have faith in Him who did. Jesus Christ, my lord, my Savior, my Redeemer of my soul. I know that He lives, and the best moments are when I get to Testify of Him. It is the most amazing experience. I encourage all to Testify of Christ not only for the wonderful feeling of the spirit for yourself, but to whom you Testify to. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
Elder Horne and I on Exchanges with the wonderful lawn decorations in July
A nice shake at the Stake and Shake
A 3D printed dragon that a friend gave to my comp and I.
Love you all thank you for your prayers and support. Hope with leads to faith which mean I have faith that you will have a great week!
-Elder Robertson



Comments
Post a Comment