Today We Honor Them (May 30, 2022)

 Good Morning!

Or 
Good Afternoon!
Or 
Good Evening!
Or 
Good Night, 

It simple depends on when you read this and if you want to read it more than again you can know read it at any time of the day. I hope that you do read this and that you try and read it again. Who knows if it will be any good, so let's see what happened this last week. 

Before we get started I just wanted to say thank you to all those that have served, and all those that know someone that gave their life to protect this nation. I am grateful that we have a day to remember them. I always like thinking about how much it means to me to live in this wonderful country. For all those that were willing to give the precious gift of life, that is so precious in this world for someone else. Today we honor them! 

We start on Tuesday this time. Why? Well why not? It is the first day that came to mind. I got to go on Exchanges with one of our Zone Leaders, Elder Bennett. We had a good day where we gave service to help make a path for a member. It was fun and I think one of the moments in my life where I thought I was too sweaty. Thankfully not as bad as I thought. We knocked on a lot of doors and everyone did not want to talk. We even found this one lady that said, " I have perfect faith thank you! It is constantly improving." I'm not sure how that works. 🤔 She was still friendly and we moved on. Towards the end of the night we found two people that were interested and wanted to learn more another time. One of them was so down that he wanted to come with us and do missionary work! He didn't fully understand what we were teaching and how we were different, but I hope that he will learn more. He also said that he would come to church with his wife and kids. That was awesome don't know if he came because I was in a different area. 

The day after that I was back in my area and we thought we could find some people in a small neighborhood that looked promising. When we got there we found out that it was for a lot of older people, and they didn't want to talk. It was still a good experience though because we had a good time trying to share light and Joy that the Gospel brings. 

Thursday had a lot of rain,  and I was sure that my jacket was in the car. I was mistaken. It was still in the apartment next to my bed, as soon as I knew I didn't have it I knew where it was. Thankfully I still have an umbrella in the car, and my white shirt is water proof. It is the best shirt ever! We stopped by our friend Matthew, and had a great lesson. He graduated this past week from high school which is so exciting. Can't wait to see where he will do before he goes on his mission. Then we went over to a members house and had some Greek food. 

Now I'm going to jump to Sunday because it was a great day! We had Garrett come to church! And he loved it, he felt the spirit from the speakers and got along with a lot of the Branch. He ending up knowing more people than he thought he knew. We also had a inactive come to church. She decided that she needed to get back and fully engaged in church, and it was great being able to see her at church. The talks were amazing for so many reasons probably because the were given by a former mission president and his wife. We had a pot luck in the gym right after church which was interesting, but amazing! 
We stopped by someone who we and talked with before in the past and she always said that she was too busy. And when we stopped by sure enough she said the same thing, "I'm busy right now guys, I can't talk" but then we just started talking with her normally. She is a talker, she just went on and on, and it was great because we got to know her. So many times during the conversation she said that was busy and couldn't talk and yet we kept talking till we were able to share our message about a young boy who had a question. We talked about the restoration and gave her a Book of Mormon, and she was excited to start reading it, and when we gave her a chapter to read she wanted to know more chapters that she could read. Such a cool experience that shows the importance of connecting with someone and then share truths when they are ready. 

Also while I was in the MTC I made the goal to write in my journal everyday, and so far I have not missed a day. I had to start in a new book because I ran out of room. I highly recommend writing down your experiences and thoughts it brings me a lot of peace and gives me the opportunity to learn. 

This has been a wonderful week were I continue to learn and grow. I am constantly amazed how much I learn and am taught by the spirit, and yet when I come to write this email I forget them. There will be many things that I experience that I don't think I can share until I am meant to share. This transfer is almost over which blows my mind. We will see what happens this week. 

I know that I don't know a whole lot. But because I don't know a whole lot I am able to learn so much more, and be humble in my learning. I know that we are meant to learn and grow in this life and that process continues for a very long time. Longer than we can imagine. Through all that time we are able to feel peace that came from the Savior. I love being out here serving others even though it is hard every day every day I learn and grow. I know that we have help along the way and are not meant to go through this life alone. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Here we are back again at the cynic overlook. 
We also went back to the world's biggest squidbilly 
The greenness that is Georgia 










Comments