I have been called to serve

 Hello Everybody! 


I have got to get a better greeting. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I will take the ideas and make them my own. But here is one I just thought of. 


*Knock, *Knock, *Knock

Hello there, we are the Missionaries from the church of Jesus Christ of latter-day saints. My name is Elder Robertson this is my friend Elder Moss, and we are sharing how our week went. 


Man it had been quite the week. So this time I'll start from the beginning, but we will see if I go in chronological after that. Who knows? I know that I don't. 


So we got together as a mission last P-day and it was awesome. We started by doing some service for the mission office and the church's property. We split of in zones to do the massive projects. My Zone got to renew the beach volleyball court. We had help from people that knew what they were doing, and they helped us how to do it. We took out the old wood boundaries and put in so new wood. We also put some new sand over it. Thankfully we didn't have to take the old sand out. There was a lot of sand, but this sand was good sand because it wasn't course or rough and it didn't get everywhere surprisingly. We also put up a new net and made everything look nice. After that we had some lunch and then played some games, and they were a lot of fun a great time all around. My favorite is that most of time when we play volleyball some one always says, "I have been called to serve!" As they serve the volleyball. 


So I guess we will go to the next day. We had a lot of lesson planned on Tuesday and we had most of them cancel on us. So went spent a lot of time driving around than having to see what else we could do. It was still a good day though even though it was hard not being able to meet with people. 


We got to go to the Temple! We had the wonderful opportunity to go to the Temple because we had most of the recent Converts were able to go. And so we were able to go with them and see what it was like for their first time in the Temple. I was so happy to see what it meant to them and that they knew how important the work that they were doing was. There was a peace in the Temple that I always love feeling. I also got do a couple confirmations in the Temple after the baptism were preformed, and that was my first time and that was cool.  


Towards that latter end of the week we found a lot of people that we can teach, which is awesome because we normally don't find too many people. A lot of prayers and miracles from God. 


We had interviews with our mission President, and it was the same day that we had our District council. And with that President Harris came early and joined us for District council. That was awesome, and I was a little nervous out first because I was giving a training. All went well and he said I did a good job. I did feel at peace when he was there, I don't know how to describe other then I know that things are going to be okay when he is there. He is such a cool person.  


This week there has been a lot of service that we were able to do. From helping with beach volleyball to planting some rose bushes. Another one that we did was helping out the Wittekinds with some yard work. We have cut down trees from them before, but this time we helped them lay down some pine needles. Apparently that is a big thing down here where they use pine needles as decorative yard work. It was fun, and we got to lay down a bunch a rolls of needles. 


This week has been good although it was hard. It was hard that I wasn't able to teach more people this week with all the canceled lessons. It was hard because my asthma has been starting to get worse. Despite all the hard things that has happened I am grateful for them because they help me be humble. I can know how hard it is for others because it has been hard for me. I feel that every week I learn so much, and I have been writing a lot so I don't forget. Something thing that I have learned is to know the Gifts from God. He has given us so much everything is a gift that he has given, even things that are hard and are bad. Because even though they are hard they will give us experience and make us stronger. When we are stronger we are able to help others so much more. I know that there are gifts all around us and when we see those gifts are days are brighter. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen. 


The youth temple trip with most of the recent Converts 

We cook breakfast for dinner after we did service at the Wittekinds 

The rolls of pine needles 

Some good looking photos with some good looking redheads. 









Photos found by Mom added from Mission P-Day







Comments