3.14 And More
Hello there,
"Ah General Kenobi"
I hope that everyone thought of that quote as I said Hello there. If you did most impressive, if not then I find your lack of Star Wars knowledge disturbing.
Now with all the star wars out of the way, it's not) This week was great even though it was hard, and looking back I know that it was a good week even when it was tough. Thank you all for your support and for your prayers.
Let's see if I can remember this week. It feels like it all blends into one day. On Monday we got together with our Zone for our P-day, and played some kick ball. Now this is where the fun begins. It was a good time especially since the Zone leaders are leaving this transfer. One is becoming AP (Assistant to the Mission President),and the other is going home. I'm going to miss both of them.
We once again had an amazing lesson with the Hobbs Family, and we were able set a date for their Baptism. YAY! I love the energy the family has, especially the young man Cliff. He has a lot energy during the lessons even if he doesn't know the answer. We are moving fast with preparing for their Baptism because it is this Saturday. So y'all will get to hear about that next week.
On Wednesday we stopped teaching someone. And I hate when we stop teaching someone because I don't like to give up on them. But something that I am learning is that some people aren't interested and I need to move on so I can find those people that are interested. I will miss going to see our friend Toby. We would have interesting conversations because he believes that everything could be right or everything could be wrong. He likes to stay where he is and doesn't want to move forward. He also thinks that we could be in the Matrix, where everything we know is a program. Like I said interesting conversations.
This week we have been able to meet a couple of people that where open to talking with us, and that is really awesome. Being able to share what is in my soul with someone who needs it, is amazing. Most times that don't even know that they need what Jesus has for them. We were able to meet with someone who referred himself to talk about Jesus and it is always a good time to talk about Jesus. I am hoping that we can continue to meet with him and show him how much His Father in Heaven loves him. We also were able to talk to someone we met in a park. We found out that her father was a member, but she doesn't remember anything because the last time she went to church was when she was four. We were able to go over the restoration, and as we did she agreed with a lot of what we where teaching. It was a Spiritual experience where I was able share my testimony of the Book of Mormon. I feel my testimony grow stronger every time. We were able to give her a copy of the Book of Mormon and got her phone number.
So this week was tough for the same reason it is a challenge every week. The rejection that comes from trying to share the Gospel. Most people don't what to talk about faith and religion. When you do meet someone that has found Jesus they say that they're all good and that we should go find someone else. They don't realize that we are there to talk to them about how Jesus Christ has so much more for them. Although I'm grateful that they are nice, most of the time. Unlike the bashers. I got my first experience as we were shopping for some food. We met this man as we were shopping, and we started talking which ended with him bashing us for an hour. My companion would bash back, but would try to teach. Although he wouldn't listen and this man would talk, and as he talked he would contradict what he was saying with what he had said. We tried to leave many times because we could tell that he wasn't going to listen, but he kept going. After that experience and others I reflect and see that I am very grateful to be apart of The Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints, and grateful for how I was raised. It is blessing me in my life.
On Sunday we had all of the youth speak on the Plan of Salvation. And it helps show how beautiful God's plan is for us. Once more His plan brings me peace when I think about it and when I put my trust in His plan I feel that I can see His hand in my life. Some of the youth also brought their friends to church which was awesome. Towards the end of the day we went out to find people, and we did! We found a family that wants to go to church, so we are looking forward to teaching them on Sunday.
Even though this week had its difficult moments I can focus on the moments that were good. By doing this I'm able to see a little threw God's point of view. By overcoming these moments I can see how my Heavenly Father has prepared me to help others. I have to see things with the long term so I can know that all things will give me experience. One of my favorite scriptures helps me look at things in a positive way.
"6 If thou art accused with all manner of false accusations; if thine enemies fall upon thee; if they tear thee from the society of thy father and mother and brethren and sisters; and if with a drawn sword thine enemies tear thee from the bosom of thy wife, and of thine offspring, and thine elder son, although but six years of age, shall cling to thy garments, and shall say, My father, my father, why can’t you stay with us? O, my father, what are the men going to do with you? and if then he shall be thrust from thee by the sword, and thou be dragged to prison, and thine enemies prowl around thee like wolves for the blood of the lamb;
7 And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.
8 The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?
9 Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever."
I know this Church to be true, and I am grateful for the blessing that it has been in my life and how it has blessed my family. I know that I Don't know everything, but I know I can learn more through Christ and I find joy in learning. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen.
Thank you all for all that you have done, and God be with you till we meet again.
We didn't take many pictures this week, so I'll share more from a couple weeks ago. Hope I'll get more pictures on this pie day.
1) the eagle scout project that we crossed over the river
2) hike with the district
3-4) it also "snowed" this weekend it is all gone now
Comments
Post a Comment