The Fall of Winter
Dear everyone,
I think I have said this every email, but I'm going to say it again. It is crazy of how much time goes by so quickly. I'm pretty sure that Georgia lives in another world were time goes at a faster rate.
This week was awesome for many reasons. One of the reasons is because we did a lot of service this week. The week before I said that I hadn't done any service, so now God has given me no room to say that again. On Wednesday we helped our dear friend Rebecca move, and that took most of the day. It has been a while since I helped someone move. The last people I help move was my parents. Brought back some good memories. After that, we headed to the church to help a sister clean it. We did that for a couple more hours, and then we headed over to dinner with a member and his wife. And what was awesome was that this member had come with us that morning to teach our friend. Then he came with us to help Rebecca move, and then we finished the day with having a meal and a lesson with him. So this Brother was just the best for helping us out all day.
The other service opportunity we had was raking. I know raking leaves in the winter! I'm telling you Georgia is in another world. She lived in a place that was surrounded by many tall trees, so we had a lot of leaves to rake. The interesting part was that there was two of us, but only one rake. The other would use a shovel, which works better that you think so long as they are in a big pile. If this comes off as me complaining just know that I am not. I had a blast with this fun interesting service week.
As much fun as doing service is, my favorite time is still teaching. There is this one family that we have been teaching where the young man in the family is so excited and wanting to learn. After a lesson we were just talking and he said that he wants to do three things after he graduated high school. He wants to serve in the military, go to college, and serve a mission. When he said that it made me so happy. We kept on talking and I got to tell him how I felt about missionary work. And I told him that it was hard and it hurts when people don't care to listen, but all it takes is one moment. One moment where you can feel the spirit and teach those who do want to listen. And when those moments come, and they do, it makes everything worth it. No matter how hard or bad your day may have been it can't win. God's light and love always beats the dark, and when it is all said and done the good will out weigh the bad. When you go through those hard times you will enjoy the moment when you feel God's goodness even more.
So I know we have already past Monday of last week but I need to talk about it. My district went golfing, which was a blast, and then after that we went to the YMCA! One of our investigator friends works at the YMCA and was able to get us in for free. We played a bit of pool( on the table not in the water) and some table tennis. Then I got to meet Nate (the friend) and we played some table tennis while he told us his life story. It was awesome! He told us how he had gone through a hard time in his life where he should have died or been paralyzed for his life. But he wasn't, he was able to make a full recovery and from that he knows that there is a God because he should have died. It was that he could see that. Later in the week I was able to go and teach Nate. And it was amazing to be able to talk about good vs evil, and on many things we agreed on and he understood. Unfortunately I couldn't help him see that there is good in everyone even if they don't know of Christ. This is something that I have seen my whole life and trying to explain it to someone who hasn't seen it in his life is hard. Moments like this make me grateful because it is a reminder of what I have. How much Christ and others have raised me to look for that good in others. I'm still looking for ways to explain it better so if anyone has suggests let me know. We were reading Moroni 7.
Sundays are the best and on this Sunday my companion and I held a missionary workshop for our Branch. After church we gathered as many members that could make it to listen to what we prepared. We talked about 3 three principles. Love, Share and Invite. We want the members to think of a friend that they can love in ways that shows that there is something different. Love them with the light of Christ. Then Share with the their friends about their experiences with the church and how it has blessed their life. Last was to Invite, them to simple activities. Like dinner, or game night. Work them up to invite them to church activities and then eventually to church. All three of these principles are done in simple ways that allows the friend to feel welcomed and not pressured to join the church. We invited them, an I'll extend the same invitation. Think of one friend that you can Love Share and Invite this week. This is not to get them immediately in church, but it is to help them grow closer to you and to Christ, and when this is done they will want to join the church when they are ready. So let me know how it goes, I would love to see what you think about love share and invite and if you have more questions ask them. I would LOVE to hear from you, and I will SHARE more about it and how we can INVITE our friends.
I know this Church to be the true Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know because I have come to the knowledge through the witness of the Holy Ghost. I know that when times become hard which they will, we can rely on the arm that is always stretched out to help us. We are the ones who must grab arm of the Savior and hold on with all of our might. He is The Way where we can find eternal happiness and never ending joy. I know these things to be true in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
1-2) some beautiful Georgia
3-4) raking in winter
5-6) golfing last p-day
Comments
Post a Comment